To Our Valued Customers,
With the fast changing conditions of the COVID-19 Pandemic and with many states and local governments enacting Stay-at-Home orders, Tempered and Specialty Metals (TSM) would like to reassure you that we remain open, and we consider the health and safety of our employees, customers and suppliers our top priority.
In accordance with the Department of Homeland Security’s CISA memorandum entitled “Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response,” TSM is considered essential for sectors associated with transportation, food and agriculture, energy, communications, medical, and the defense industrial base. Under Michigan Executive Order 2020-21, TSM will continue operations as provided in Sections 8 and 9 to supply stainless steel alloys, in full compliance with Federal, State and Local guidelines.
In the interest of providing a safe working environment, we have implemented the following practices:
- Where possible, TSM employees are working from home while fully remaining in contact with customers, suppliers and our facility.
- Visits to customers are only being made in response to a direct request that requires on-site involvement.
- Visitors to TSM include only resources that are necessary for continued operations.
- All team members have been provided CDC information on Coronavirus and have been instructed to follow procedures for personal safety.
- Team members have been requested to stay at home if sick and to seek medical assistance.
- All work areas within TSM’s operations adhere to a minimum of six feet of distance between team members.
- Disinfectant wipes have been distributed to our team members for use in their work areas and other areas of direct contact. Hand sanitizers are also available to our team members.
- Work schedules have been staggered to assist in the separation of employees in common areas.
If you have any questions regarding our continued operations and our practices to provide a safe working environment, please contact me or your TSM representative.
Tempered and Specialty Metals